With over 25 years of hands-on experience in the automotive retail industry paired with public accounting experience, Marilou offers a unique skill set including auditing, due diligence, financial reporting, forensic accounting, operational and financial management experience in both public and privately held dealerships.
As a Dealerships Consultancy Manager with the public accounting firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC (“MBAF”), Marilou provided specialized services to dealers including operational and behavioral analysis, forensic accounting and litigation support, DMS consulting, buy/sell and due diligence support, and operational support at all departmental levels.
Prior to joining MBAF, Marilou served as the Chief Financial Officer and Controller of a multi-franchise dealership group. In this position, she was responsible for overseeing the operations of multiple accounting offices, implemented and maintained strong internal controls, conducted internal audits, and managed several dealership buy/sells from the due diligence phase to closing. Marilou also has experience in overseeing dealership expansion projects, forecasting, budgeting, and preparing manufacturer applications.
Marilou’s experience working for AutoNation, the nation’s largest automotive retailer, combined with the knowledge gained at the dealership level, has provided valuable insight into dealership operations.
Marilou is driven by a strong work ethic, passion for the autmotive industry, and a commitment to client’s success.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Atlantic University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- State University of New York – Bachelor of Science in Business Economics
- NADA Dealer Academy – Financial Management, Fixed Operations
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in Florida and North Carolina
- Certified Fraud Examiner